Pages

Translate

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Another Adventure Starts Tomorrow

Family & Friends,

59 Days until we move to Haiti!

No matter how many times I (Cory) go on these mission trips to Haiti, I still get a sense of heaviness and almost dread at some point before we leave.  The first time I went those feelings came over me about a week before going, and it was probably based mostly on facing the unknowns of venturing into a different country and culture.  These days when I go the dread probably has more to do with the extreme exhaustion I know is coming over the next 9-10 days.  I'm not 21 anymore!  I can only pull so many all-nighters in a row.  We maintain a back-breaking schedule on these trips and it all culminates in a 24-hour (or so) travel day on the way home.  So I am sitting here the night before going and dealing with some of those feelings as I pack and grab a few final minutes with the kids.

We are taking a team down to Haiti tomorrow morning, and I am absolutely thrilled about the opportunity to see everyone in Ti-Rivier (the village where we work) again and be inspired by their faith as always.  It will be an adventure and a challenge, no doubt, but all the hard work will be worth it.  As mentioned before we will be seeking out the sickest people in the region we serve and giving them the best medical attention we can.  Then at night we will gather with the youth group for worship, Bible study, and fellowship.  It should be a grueling week physically, emotionally, and spiritually...but no matter what happens God will be in the midst of it all.  I look forward to blogging about the experience on September 20 or 21, so check back for that.

While I am gone Lynn will continue with the homeschooling and preparing for our big move.  She will hopefully have a chance to write on this blog a couple of times during the week and give you a glimpse into her journey as mother, wife, missionary, and so much more...

Please pray for this team that leaves tomorrow.  Lately we have taken several teams of people we did not previously know on a personal level, and we have had mixed results to put it lightly.  We are not sure exactly what this team will be like, not knowing them terribly well, but we have high hopes that God will do great things.  As always pray for safe travel, health, and protection from the attacks of the evil one.

May all of our lives be an adventure for Jesus every day!
-The Grimms
 

No comments:

Post a Comment